- Fact file for treating Carpet Beetle
- Treatment Type: Insecticide spray
- Number of visits: 1-2
- Cost: request a quote
- Response Time: Same Day/Next day
Signs of Carpet Beetles
- Inside: Generally seen inside storage on pallets/packaging or generally crawling around the floor areas.
- Complete Metamorphosis: Egg followed by Laval stage changing to Pupae stage before emerging as an Adult.
- Laid in the summer over a 2-week period up to 100 eggs in total. 0.5mm long cream in colour
- Larvae: Woolly bears are 3-4mm long, brown in colour, with patches of golden hairs on their abdomen.
- Pupa: Hatches in approx 2-4 weeks.
- Size: Adult 4-5mm
- Colour: Marbled brown with yellow, white varied markings.
If you're a resident of Norwich, Norfolk and need assistance for the safe removal of Carpet Beetle, please call Norwich Pest Control on 01603 744556, or send an email.
Varied Carpet Beetle (Athrenus verbasci)
Carpet Beetle are often found in processing factories, mills and warehouses but can also be found in houses. They are commonly found in buildings, which have a problem with bird's nests. In the summer the adult lays her eggs in organic debris, which hatch approximately 10 days later. The larvae hatch after 2-4 weeks and feed throughout the summer till winter in which some may hibernate if the temperature is to cold. In the spring they pupate 1 month later emerging to restart the cycle again. The adults will live for 4-6 weeks.
DIY Pest Control
If you're considering treating the pest problem yourself, here are some pointers to bear in mind
- Our pest control treatments are fit for purpose, and far stronger than any off the shelf treatments. Similar to off the shelf medicines, a prescription drug from your GP would be significantly stronger and more effective
- Our treatments are effective and affected areas are treated by trained staff
- Off the shelf treatments will most likely be temporary at best. Hiring a pest control company will save you money in the long term.