- Fact file for treating Fleas
- Treatment Type: Insecticide spray to floors and skirting
- Number of visits: 1-2
- Cost: request a quote
- Response Time: Same Day/Next day
Signs of a flea
- Inside: Generally seen jumping around the floor perimeters, soft furnishings and carpets.
- Bites: Can cause severe irritation usually around the ankles, but can be any place on the body.
- Animals: Continuously Scratching the same area usually around the neck is a very good indication.
Female fleas can lay up to 1000 eggs in her lifetime.
- Complete Metamorphosis: Egg followed by Laval stage changing to Pupae stage before emerging as an Adult. Can live up to 2 years.
- Size: 2-3 mm
- Colour: Light to Dark brown
If you're a resident of Norwich, Norfolk and need assistance for the safe removal of Fleas, please call Norwich Pest Control on 01603 744556, or send an email.
Flea Infestations in Norwich
Advanced Pest Control can safely deal with large or small flea infestations from your home or business premises. We operate in the Norwich area and our pest control operatives cover all of the Norfolk.
The treatment of fleas will be carried out using a residual water based coarse spray to wall floor junctions and carpet areas.
The chemical, Ficam w (contains Bendiocarb) provides a fast knockdown action together with residual control that will last for approx 4 weeks.
The length of time it remains active will depend on the nature of the surface and how often it is cleaned.
Once the water-based spray has evaporated and the floor surfaces are completely dry it is perfectly safe to continue as normal, but we would recommend that shoes and socks be worn until you hover for the 1st time after treatment.
After treatment try not to hover or clean floors for 7 - 10 days any more than is necessary. Fleas will emerge from their hiding places during this time and while moving about in the carpet they will come into contact with the insecticide.
Although the knockdown action will kill the majority of fleas over a couple of days, patience is required to deal with the later emerging fleas. Full control is usually achieved after 21 days.
The cat flea is the primary flea that infests Cats and Dogs. Fleas are parasites living on warm-blooded animals. They feed solely on blood using piercing and sucking mouth parts. The female lays four to eight eggs after each blood feed.
Their bodies are covered in backward facing spines, which help them move between the fur of their host. Fleas work on vibration from footsteps, with its powerful back legs it jumps from floor to host. It lives on animals, and in cracks crevices throughout the house. Flea larvae feeds on organic debris found in carpets and bedding.
It is common for empty properties to erupt with masses of fleas upon entry for the first time, this is because fleas can lay dormant for up to 1 year without feeding and awake when people move in.
DIY Pest Control
If you're considering treating the pest problem yourself, here are some pointers to bear in mind
- Our pest control treatments are fit for purpose, and far stronger than any off the shelf treatments. Similar to off the shelf medicines, a prescription drug from your GP would be significantly stronger and more effective
- Our treatments are effective and affected areas are treated by trained staff
- Off the shelf treatments will most likely be temporary at best. Hiring a pest control company will save you money in the long term.