- Fact file for treating Ants
- Treatment Type: residual water based coarse spray
- Number of visits: 1-2
- Cost: request a quote
- Response Time: Same Day/Next day
Signs of Ants
- Inside: Generally seen in trails scurrying around the floor perimeters of kitchen bases and surface worktops, walls and floor areas.
- Nests: Ants will set-up home almost in any place from outside patio areas to cavity walls cracks and crevices. Nests are usually a complex of tunnel networks made from soil and organic debris.
All workers are generally sterile females.
- Complete Metamorphosis: Egg followed by Laval stage changing to Pupae stage before emerging as an Adult. Queen ants can live up to 12 years.
- Nest size: Average 6000-7000 individuals
- Size of Worker 4-5mm
- Size of Queen 8-9mm
- Colour: Dark brown to Black
If you're a resident of Norwich, Norfolk and need assistance for the safe removal of Ants, please call Norwich Pest Control on 01603 744556, or send an email.
Treatment and removal of Ant colonies in Norwich
Norwich Pest Control can safely remove ants from your home or business premises. We operate in the Norwich area and our pest control operatives cover all of Norfolk.
The treatment of Ants will be carried out using a residual water based coarse spray to wall floor junctions inside and outside property.
The chemical, Ficam W (contains Bendiocarb), provides residual control that will last for approx 4 weeks depending on weather conditions outside. The length of time it remains active inside will depend on the nature of the surface and how often it is cleaned.
Once the water has evaporated and the floor surfaces are completely dry it is perfectly safe to continue as normal.
After treatment try not to Hoover or clean floors for 10- 14 days any more than is necessary. Ants will emerge from their hiding places during this time and while searching for food they will come into contact with the insecticide.
Ants are social scavenging insects, generally searching for spilt food debris.
They travel/forage for food up to 100 meters from their nest site finding their way back using scent trails left on previous journeys by other ants.
The Worker ant continually collects food, which is taken back to the nesting colony. All workers are generally sterile females. From June to September winged males are produced only to breed with the new queens; flying ants emerge all at the same time, which usually occur on a hot sunny day. The winged males usually die within in 24 hrs leaving the new queens to start a new colony. The ant species has almost colonised every country in the world.
There is approximately 14,000 species.
DIY Pest Control
If you're considering treating the pest problem yourself, here are some pointers to bear in mind
- Our pest control treatments are fit for purpose, and far stronger than any off the shelf treatments. Similar to off the shelf medicines, a prescription drug from your GP would be significantly stronger and more effective
- Our treatments are effective and affected areas are treated by trained staff
- Off the shelf treatments will most likely be temporary at best. Hiring a pest control company will save you money in the long term.